solaris 9 gcc

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 20:49:06 EDT 2004

I have setup solaris 9 station for a test enviroment
and trying to install gcc. For some reason gcc did not
install or when I go to compile samba I get error to
install gcc. I downloaded gcc 3.4.0 and trying to
install and I keep getting error saying you must set
the environment varable CC to a working compiler. And
the other error says the command cc-conftest -g
conftest.c failed. Any suggestions? How do I set
environment varables in Solaris? I was able to compile
my Realtek drivers for the network card and get on the
internet before I downloaded gcc so I assume a c
compiler was installed by default.. I really want to
get samba and apache going....