XP logon to SAMBA

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 10:07:48 EDT 2004

You would only use that if you were using a per user login script.  This
typically does things like map drives, etc.  I would comment it out unless it's
something you need.  Normally, you'd use a system wide logon script.  This is a
Microsoft Batch file and you would give a complete path to it such as:
logon script = \\servername\netlogon\logon.bat
or some such.

You would have to have a 'netlogon' share defined to make the above example
work and then in the directory that you defined for the share, you would put a
'logon.bat' command script that did whatever you needed it to do.  Some places
use it to map drives or make sure that local updates are performed.  If you
don't need to do system wide scripts, then comment it out.

Cheers!

Bob