cron.daily?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Mar 27 17:48:47 EST 2004

Hi.  I' running Mandrake 9.1 rc2.  My cron.daily includes, among other
things, makewhatis, an update of /var/log/rpmpkgs, and  a thing called
msec which is some kind of security audit. The man page was pretty obscure.

1) Any reason I can't (or shouldn't) move makewhatis and rpm to cron.weekly?

2) Can someone give a brief overview of what msec does and what logs,
etc. I might want to look at or things I might want to do to see what
it's telling me?

3) What uses /var/log/rpmpkgs?

Thanks.

Joe

--
Albert Einstein's Three Rules of Work: 1) Out of clutter find simplicity; 2) From discord find harmony; 3) In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.