Cert questions?

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 22:34:36 EST 2004

Ok, here's a weird question:

Is there a market in Buffalo for Linux certification training?  I have
contacted  LPI (Linux Professional Institute) about what it would take to train
folks in Linux so that they can take the exams.  Note that the exams are not
like MCSE stuff.  I've heard that they're really tough.

It would take several months of training and practical work to get good enough
to do the exam.  Their exams are distribution neutral.  After taking the LPI
test, I would imagine that it wouldn't be very hard to learn the specialized
things that you need for the RHCE.

So what do folks think?  Is there a market for training in this area?

Cheers!

Bob