mythtv stuff

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Mar 23 17:35:40 EST 2004

mkay,

if you're able to head sound when using xawtv, then alsa isnt' setup
correctly.  First, make sure the hardware in the back of the comptuer is
setup correctly (a cable from line-out on tuner to either line-in, or mic
on your sound card).

Run these commands from this URL:

you can check your settings by running alsamixer.  If you used the mic
port instead of line-in, subsitute the command in the URL accordingly.

Next save it to a file:

# alsactl -f /etc/asound.state store

Now test the changes:

Run xawtv again.  Do you hear sound?  If not, then you're on the right
track.  Now run myth & watch livetv.  Does it work?  If you pause the show
('P'), do you still hear sound?

-Rob