VOIP Asterisk Hardware

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 09:22:43 EST 2004

from my research on the lists. here's a snippet

"Yes, they have many winmodems working with Linux---as
modems, but Asterisk uses it as a different animal
(similar, but different).

Supposedly for a winmodem to be used by Asterisk it
has to have a "tigerjet" chipset (or something like
that). My question is: how do you find out if it has
that?"

maybe there's a work around. dunno.

--- Mark Musone <mmusone at shatterit.com> wrote:
> This is the place where I got my stuff from..
>
> Keep in mind, the FXO card is nothing more than an
> intel winmodem that
> can be bought on ebay for about $10.00
>
> -Mark

=====