[inbox] RE: lilo/grub

Greg Neumann dadneumann at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 22 15:14:20 EST 2004

Pete,
Thanks for the advice. I was sorta fishin' for some answers ;-)
Probably, I was just too annoyed w/ having to learn yet another way of
addressing a HD partition. As I said, I've been using lilo for so long,
it's almost reflexive! ;-)
I'll try grub w/ the next "trash it because I feel like trying a
different partition scheme/HD/distro/just bored" day.
As I said, my info is about 2 years old, so ... one thing that really
interests me is the mixed IDE/SCSI setup. I agree that lilo on a mixed
IDE/SCSI system is very painful. One reason I'm running a pure SCSI
system right now. Hmmm.... sounds like a project for this week! Any
more, one of the "run it from a CD" distros is as good as it gets for
fixing an ailing system. (anybody else remember motherboards that
wouldn't boot from a CD?)
-Greg