lilo/grub

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Mar 20 13:31:50 EST 2004

GRUB Rocks!
As root,  type "grub-install /dev/hda" assuming you have and IDE hard
drive and want to have the boot loader on the MBR of the first drive,
that should do it. Then you can have a look at /boot/grub/grub.conf to
see what's in there. Once installed, if you change something, it's just
a matter of editing the conf file, no reinstall after, you can then just
comment out what you don't want etc.
hint, to select a different boot level or whatever at boot time, hit
"e", then append the line of the boot with say, "single", then hit "b"
to boot it.