installing Nvidia driver

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 12:05:08 EST 2004

That is right, my bad, it was an edit in XF86Config and not inittab like
I posted before. It was a while ago and I was fairly sure it was inittab
but I was wrong.
One thing I noticed was when I edited, the Nividia driver showed up in
the display settings in the GUI instead of NV which makes sense but when
I changed it back to NV to tinker with the settings it wouldn't go back
to the nvidia setting and it was not on the list of drivers and didn't
accept the entry nvidia for some reason. I had to go back into the
XFConfig file and re-edit it to get the driver back.