installing Nvidia driver

Timothy Domst timothy.domst at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 21:28:37 EST 2004

I followed the instructions on the site,   I have SuSE 8.2 now and
booted into safe mode,  did "make cloneconfig && make dep", did "sh
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run", did "sax2 -m 0=nvidia" and went
through everything and it was kosher, went to the desktop, and tried to
reconfigure with the GUI sax2 and Yast2 and it wouldn't let me, it said
the filesystem was locked.  After I rebooted and tried to enable the
OpenGL 3D it said the required driver needed to be installed like I
hadn't installed it but I did.

Can anyone help?  I will have 9.0 and the manuals soon so it's not like
I will die without help, but I wonder what went wrong.

I was root all the time.