IS Field

cliff at cliffmeyers.com cliff at cliffmeyers.com
Thu Mar 11 11:52:36 EST 2004

Brad,

I agree with you completely here.  If all you are is a skill set you're easy to
replace, be it in-house or off-shore.  I think it's important for the IT/IS
department of a company to act like part of the team, contribute in strategy and
decision making wherever possible, and try to involves themselves in more than
just *implementation* which basically anyone with the skill set can do.  Some guy
in India may be able to program Java in his sleep, but he likely can't
communicate very well and will never be involved in strategy or project
management at your company.  If you can get into that aspect of IT at your
company I think you'll be safe for a while.

-Cliff