Linux

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 12:45:45 EST 2004

I like mandrake cuz it works well w/ my hardware. That
said, linux is linux. The popular distros are (free)
1.RedHat ( fodora now) rpm-based
2.Mandrake             rpm-based
3.Debian (many variant = xandros,lindows,mepis,etc...)
 apt-get based
4.Suse   rpm-based
5.Slackware dpkg based
6 Gentoo - source based ( bsd-style emerge )
Most are available from the distro sites or their
mirrors.
Arguing the merits of each distro is like arguing
which
app is better. different strokes for different folks.
if you have room load a few and give 'em all a try!!
have fun.

--- TheCactusKid Cactus <thecactuskid45 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hi, y'all
>
> Can anyone recommend a version of Linux and where is
> the best site to download it from?
>
> Thanks, tHcActUsKid:)

> Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster.

=====
Free Good
Fire Bad