Postfix + Amavis problems

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Mar 3 07:10:05 EST 2004

Have you tried adding extra headers, such as the Subject: line? Since it
appears to be wanting more headers, Postfix may be sending more than
you're fiving Amavis... This is usually how I test an smtp connection
myself:
--
$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
MAIL FROM: user at domain.com
250 Ok
RCPT TO: user at domain.com
250 Ok
DATA
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject: Test
Some text blah blah blah...
.
250 Ok: queued as CBDC764C1
quit
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
$
--

Don't know if it's looking for the subject line, but it's a thought...

 - Tony