Attempted Apache Exploit???

Dan Born dan at danborn.net
Fri Jun 25 11:41:36 EDT 2004

On Jun 25 11:03, Frank Kumro wrote:
> Obviously I cut the rest off because the log file was a couple mb from
> all the attempts. Was this an attempt to exploit the apache? I have no
> idea what else it would be. I do have the ip addresses of the people
> who made the requests, is this worth making a stink about?

Most likely an attempt at exploiting IIS, the Microsoft web server.
My logs are filled with hundreds of such attempts.  Most of them come
from Windows viruses from people who don't know or care that their
machines are infected.

Maybe you could go to the ISP of whoever these attempts are coming from,
and see if they'll do anything.

--
Dan Born <dan at danborn.net>