address change

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Tue Jul 20 02:52:39 EDT 2004

Advent Systems wrote, On 07/19/04 7:54 PM:

> Hello,
> How do I go about changing my address associated w/ the mail list?  My
> old address was adventsystems at earthlink.net.  My new address is
> adventsystems at verizon.net
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Randal
> adventsystems at verizon.net

You can't actually "change" your address. What you do is unsubscribe the
old one and subscribe the new one.
We have questions how to do it from time to time - I think the
unsubscribe instructions should be on the NFLUG web page as well.
I had to do the same thing once, when my ISP changed domain names.

Here are the instructions I got -

  you can send mail to <Majordomo at nflug.org> with the following

      unsubscribe nflug

  or from another account, besides oldaddress at something.net:

  list itself) send email to <owner-nflug at nflug.org> .
  to contact a human.

Make sure the command is the only thing in the message body, no
siglines, etc.
After you send the command, you should get a confirmation message that
must be replied to.

--

* green_man
** on **Thunderbird 0.4*