new to nflug

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Mon Jul 12 17:18:46 EDT 2004

dvmail at texas.net wrote, On 07/12/04 1:13 AM:

>hi,
>I am new to the area... I use Red Hat, but I've tried various distros. I tried
>Fedora 2, but it didn't support the features I needed. Knoppix rocks, and am
>introducing people to linux with it. I'm curious about the newest Slack release...
>
>I am hoping to attend the next meeting. I'm interested in public education.
>
>thanks,
>Daniel

Greetings !!!
We have several Fedora users in the list, so if you've questions, ask away.
Also RedHat, Mandrake, Debian, Slack, Gentoo, maybe even a SUSE user or two.

I dabbled with Knoppix v3.0 this winter, and really liked it , but got
stuck trying to save my configuration to the HD for the next reboot.
The default resolution of 640x480 really PO'ed me, and editting configs
in Vim was a pain.
I was on a LIVE CD kick, and thought it was a great way to learn,
because you can't hurt anything - all partions default to RO.
I think it was the only  one of about 5 or 6 I tried that recognized
everything - Klaus Knopper  should be sainted.
Do you run Knoppix from a complete HD install, or from the CD, laptop or
desktop ?.

--

* green_man
** on **Thunderbird 0.4*