Routers, Switchers, and all that stuff

TheCactusKid Cactus thecactuskid45 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 12:55:42 EST 2004

Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
My shop here has 7 pc's that are always running, they are all servers and my office pc, with 1 dsl modem and 3 switches. At your calculations, I would be at $175 per month, just for the pc's. I have outside lights that are on all night, a tv that's on all night (always fall asleep watchin it) and the normal other electrical usages. My electric bills average $150 a month, and that's in the winter, just looked at the bill. Most of these pc's are running multilple scsi drives, etc, with at least 300 watt power supplies. Anywho, I would think the $25 per month estimate would be high to say the least, especially for an old box with a small power supply and nothing in it. The power consumption might be a hair more than the little router box but I had one here, for a very short bit, that quickly got tossed.

Boy, to just toss a little router. Well, I don't have the money to just toss one out. I do though see your point on power consumption. On the other hand, I just can't see another box taking up more room. Plus the added fact that the power usage for a little router is only around or under 20 watts unlike a PC at 200 or 300 watts.

cAcTUsKId:)