Routers, Switchers, and all that stuff

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Tue Jan 20 09:22:10 EST 2004

for home use, I’m a big fan of linksys..

yes, you can do more stuff with a linux box, but it all depends on just
what you need to do. one thing to keep in mind is the cost. you can get
a dsl router box for like $20 nowdays, so it’s much cheaper than even an
old pc.and most importantly, I’m assuming you are going to have it on
24/7…
a typical PC will cost you about $25/month for power.
a small router box will cost about $5/month for power.

-Mark