Sparcstation 5

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 22:04:16 EST 2004

You can download Sun OS 7,8,9.  You have Solaris 7 (5.7).

You can install any of them and the instructions are all online.

I honestly don't know what the problem is with Linux.  I've installed Debian
and Gentoo on SPARC workstations.  I understand Slackware is also SPARC usable.

Gentoo has a good IRC channel (gentoo-sparc ??)  and they are very helpful.  I
never used the debian sparc channel.  The install instructions on the gentoo
site are very good and walk you through.  If you decide to use gentoo be
prepared for a 2 day install.  Debian is a few hours.

Good luck.

JJN