mozilla profile annoyance

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Feb 26 09:10:31 EST 2004

Hey.  I don't seem to have this problem.  I have 1.6 under MDK 9.1.  I
had the problem under 1.4, I think, and solved it using the following
scripts which you would have to customize for your user name and mozilla
path.

#!/bin/bash
# Attributed to Dave Patton

if [[ `ps -e | grep mozilla` ]]
then
        #Mozilla is running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/mozilla -P bigbird -remote 'openURL('$1',
new-window)'`
else
        #Mozilla is NOT running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/mozilla -P bigbird $1`
fi

#!/bin/bash
# mozmailrun - (C) 02/26/2004 - JPmicrosystems (gpl)

if [[ `ps -e | grep mozilla` ]]
then
        #Mozilla is running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/mozilla -P bigbird -remote 'xfeDoCommand
(openInbox)'`
else
        #Mozilla is NOT running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/mozilla -P bigbird -mail`
fi

--
"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve." --George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)