OT- Comptuer CV

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 09:09:16 EST 2004

--- "Joshua R. Altemoos" <joshua at gnu-linux.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am shopping for a laptop. I have looked at Dell, HP and Alien Ware. I need
> some suggestions where is the best place to get a laptop? (And yes pete i
> know
> you have some i will be e-mailing you soon about that). I also want to know
> is
> there a such thing as a wireless router w/ 4 ports also. Reason i ask is
> because in buying a alptop i would have a wireless card built in so i can use

Yes they make those.  I have an old D-link DP713P (4 port 100Mbit switch, with
802.11b radio and a built in preint-server).   Works pretty good,  though every
time you change a firewall setting on it,  it MUST reboot to take effect.
(evidently it doesn't run linux....)

Look on newegg.com for a wireless router/firewall/switch,  their prices are
pretty competetive.  Linuxsys, netgear, d-link,  they're pretty much all the
same. (some people like one over the other..)

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk