New Toy ( Quake style drop down term)

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 12:43:47 EST 2004

the key word here is toy. it just gives a drop down
terminal to use. no different than any other term.
useful for trying commands when reading
documentation/tutorials etc. less useful for editing
larger config files.
nice for mythtv also. documentation on it really isn't

necessary. just download, untar, build it, use it.

--- Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Not being a gamer, can you tell me what it does
> differently than
> knosole?  I didn't see anything like documentation
> immediately visible
> on the website.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe
>
> vlok stone wrote:
>
> >hey guys. came across this little gem at unix
> review.
> >it's a terminal that behaves like quake/enemy
> >territory
> >drop down terminal. if you're familar w/ these
> games
> >you'll love this app. I've run it in other
> >environments
> >than KDE and it runs fine. take it out for a test
> >spin.
> >I find myself using it more than i thought i would.
>

> >http://www.nemohackers.org/index.php?p=kuake
> >
> >=====
> >Free Good
> >Fire Bad

> >Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing
> online.
> >http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
> >

> --
> "Well, humor is the great thing, the saving thing,
> after all. The minute it crops up, all our
> hardnesses yield, all our irritations and
> resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes
> their place." -- "Mark Twain On The Damned Human
> Race"

=====
Free Good
Fire Bad