apt-get/Synaptic

Jason Lasker lasker at eng.buffalo.edu
Mon Dec 20 12:38:32 EST 2004

Just an FYI on up2date.  You can run it from the command line by passing the
--nox option.

up2date --nox -f -u   updates all RPMs including any on your exclude list.
( -f=force -u=update)

To configure up2date:
up2date --nox --configure

See the man page for more details

Jason Lasker
Senior Programmer Analyst/Systems Administrator
University at Buffalo Science and Engineering Node Services
113 Bell Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-2050
Voice 716-645-3797 x2172
Fax    716-645-3704