samba domian controller setup

Richard Hubbard rhubby at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 08:26:18 EST 2004

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/1144701
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/1151091

http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba.html

http://www.ccs.uky.edu/docs/samba.htm

The first two links are a quick and dirty treatment by
carla schroder that was the quickest documentation to
get me into making a domain controller. there are a
couple of typos, but nothing you can't handle.

The third link is the 'unofficial samba howto' talks
about making a PDC and has some good info, but doesn't
get into some of the details you need with the
smb.conf file.

Watch out with windows xp, there are a couple of
security settings that need to be set in order to
allow it to connect to samba. (M$ does this every
release to try to mess with samba) The forth link
above also has a simple description of how to make a
pdc and an excellent item by item of how to connect
windows XP to the samba server.

let me know if this is enough