Looking for Linux Laptop

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 13 17:43:07 EST 2004

The quest for Linux friendly laptops appears to have expanded beyond the
original post here, so I I thought I would add my part
since I have 2  latops here both  happily  running Linux and the plans I
had for the second one disappeared. For a while, they were both running
Redhat 9, but the one I am willing to part with has recently had SuSE
8.2 installed on it after I put it into someone else's hands as part of
an experiment (someone completely ignorant of the Linux realm) and it
came back to me with too many problems to try to solve them all
-> new install - new flavor.
;-)

It is a dell Latitude PII (366Mhz), 128MB RAM, 4GB HD.
I will throw in a netgear FA411 pcmcia NIC with it, as the other laptop
has an on-board NIC.
Since ready cash is sort of an issue for me at the moment (recently
finished grad school and no gainful employment yet), I would hope to get
at least $300 for everything, but that is negotiable.

Interested parties please get back to me.

S.

p.s. I have checked the dell site and the numbers on the power supply
here do not match the recalled one's from a couple months ago.