Gnome Toaster

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Sep 30 17:15:35 EDT 2003

Hello All,
  I know I saw someone asking about how to get around Gnome Toaster
asking for root permissions, and it is all over the web, so I thought I
would pass this on (it drove us nuts around here lol).
For the Gnome Toaster that is packaged with RedHat 9 (RH8 too), the menu
points a file that starts gtoaster but ALWAYS requires root permission,
that file is in the path as just gtoaster. However, if you start from a
terminal, or make a launcher, there is a file call gtoaster-root that is
in the path that does NOT require root permission, and runs the program
just fine. So just use that file to get around root permissions for the
program.
--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>