rsync cron

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 10:20:45 EDT 2003

I found this on the web along with tons of other info
about rsync.
http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article.php/10951_1573881_1
It indicates the command I would need to rsync is
$ rsync -a sourcedir destinationdir
I want to rsync
hda1 /home to a spare partition on hdb2 /jeb
The problem is everything I have tried comes up with
an error and I didn't even get to the cron part yet. I
would like to have it run at 3 am daily and also
delete files that were deleted on hda1 /home during
the day. It says to use the delete command with
caution, do a dry run first. If anyone has a
recommendation, other ways, or can point me in the
right direction, I'm all ears...
Thanks in advance,