GAIM AFFECTED BY UPGRADES

peter pvant67 at wnyip.net
Thu Sep 25 19:08:48 EDT 2003

David Mangani wrote:
> Â Â Â  I also just installed the new unix YMessenger. Tiny download
> quick and easy install, it seems to work fine. Was just alot more
> convienient to only run 1 IM client. Hopefully soon there will be a
> patch for gaim.
>
> Dave
>

> Cyber Source wrote:
>
>> I downloaded it last night, haven't installed it yet. Now you've given
>> me hope, enough to install it. After I downloaded it, I thought to
>> myself, naw, not going to install it, looks the same as it did last
>> time from the screen shots, etc. But now I will. Thanks Anthony!
>> On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 08:59, Riga, Anthony wrote:
>>
>>> /Pete there is a new version on Yahoo messenger for redhat 9. Im
>>> using it at home and so far it seems ok. The last version I couldnt
>>> see the messages people were sending me./ / /

I just went thru this too, and I'm a bit hot about it I must admit.
Reason being is, the RH9 RPM that Yahoo offers doesn't seem to work for
me at all. It just says "connecting..." and just sits there. Not to
mention manually digging up all my info from~/.gaim/blist, etc.

I'll play with it a bit and tell what I find out if anyone's interested.

--
"Truly, if Te is strong in one, all one needs to do is sit on one's ass,
and the corpse of one's enemy shall be carried past shortly."