PPD-Stats

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Thu Sep 25 07:32:42 EDT 2003

if it can grab any and all info from a machine, it's spyware.
Volunteered because now you're telling it what to report, even tho it
can read and find more.

OS doesn't matter... If I want to give that info, I'll use php and
apache to report it.

<?

    passthru("/bin/cat /proc/cpuinfo");
?>

Now I can tell someone what's exactly going on with my CPU, bogomips,
how many CPU's, etc... Being a part of the linux community doesn't make
someone honest.  Where I work I've had to shut off and deny certain
parts of my system from customers because some kid running linux decided
to download some scripts from the web and hack my machines.  PPD and
things like just give script kiddies and wannabe hackers (crackers) some
limited ammunition to attempt to take down my systems.

No thanks.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */