partitions

ron browning ron_browning14223 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 16:06:16 EDT 2003

to wipe disk look for KILLDISK.  You have to boot in dos and then run.  It ids your IDE drives so that you can select the "kill".  FDISK leaves data behind.  This program is a freebe for one pass.  If bought 99 passes and a pateren will meet security.

Mark Robson <markrobson at yahoo.com> wrote:Yeah, I'm familiar with the secondary cd syndrome.
And the Win95 must be left over from the first o/s on
the drive years ago. Probably never did a low-level
format while I upgraded through 98, ME, to XP, and
just copied everything off the smaller drive over when
I got the 80gb. I am concluding there's no better
solution than to pull out my data files and wipe the
drive clean. Too many trap doors and dead ends, not
worth the time to fix them all.

Thanks all again for your help.

Mark