partitions

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Sep 16 22:38:46 EDT 2003

You are probably just trying to mount the wrong partition. type
"/sbin/fdisk /dev/hda" as root and the type p to see the partitions,
then type q to exit.
When you have the correct partitions that you want to mount, like your
windows partition, you can then just type mount "/dev/hda? /mnt/mount" ,
making sure you actually have an /mnt/mount location. If you want to add
it to your /etc/fstab, a line like "/dev/hda? /mnt/mount vfat
umask=0,users 0 0" would work. The umask=0 will mount it with no
permissions. And that is if it is a fat partition. The 0's mean it won't
be used in a dump scenario and won't be checked on boot. Remember that
you still need the mount location and that will mount it on boot and if
you dont want to reboot after you make the change to the fstab file, you
can then just type " mount /mnt/mount". Let me know how this works for
you.

--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>