GAIM Rocks!

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Sep 15 11:56:35 EDT 2003

Just a note. I am still on RH8, just haven't really had the time or need
really to change everything yet to RH9 but, I did have this one pain in
the butt thing that I just fixed. I use gaim alot and love the fact that
I can use it for my ICQ and other accounts. BUT I could not get it to
work for my Yahoo account. I noticed that it did work with the gaim
packaged with RH9 though. So I just went to sourceforge and downloaded
the latest gaim (ver 0.68), I had ver 0.59. I upgraded with the RH8 rpm
(rpm -Uvh) and found I needed the gtkspell package (or library file from
it), so I went to freshrpms.net and installed that. Now, my gaim can use
my Yahoo account, and I really like the new look, very slick! Rock On
GAIM! (way better than aim)
--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>