Commands to Kill XMMS

JR livinusa2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 07:51:44 EDT 2003

It might interest/benefit you to do some checking to see what is causing your xmms to freeze.

I'm on vacation.

I personally have installed literally hundreds  of Linux systems (different distro's too) and have never seen xmms freeze.

Never?  That's mysterious.

Type "dmesg" at a prompt or type "less /var/log/messages" and look for clues, you may find the system bitching about something. First off,  I would suspect IRQ conflict or sound card issue.

So, there IS hope.