Burning a data CD

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 11:33:58 EDT 2003

mkdir /mnt/loop

You can mount any filesystem on any directory. (even if it's NOT empty,  but if
you do that you will "shadow it", making what was there be invisible until you
unmount the filesystem mounted on top of it.)

In the 2.4 kernel it's even possible to mount the same filesystem in multiple
places at once, or mount a subset of a filesystem someplace else. (man mount,
search for "bind")

In the dev kernels (2.5 and newer) its possible to move a mount to another
place. (man mount, search for 'move')

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk