redhat 9 and mp3's

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 4 13:19:31 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 12:57, Richard Hubbard wrote:
> Having a problem playing MP3's in Redhat 9.  It seems
> due to patent issues, Redhat pulled out all mp 1/2/3
> support from all of the programs that are installed.

I believe that is just a limitation on their distribution images. If you
go to Redhat's web site I believe they have the single rpm you need to
install. Prety sure that is where I got it from. Do a search, you should
find it.

Then it's just issuing one command("man rpm" for details)...

rpm -i <name of rpm file>         for installing
rpm -U <name of rpm file>         for updating
rpm -e <name of rpm file>         for erasing

KEG