Mozilla Plugins

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Oct 29 10:44:16 EST 2003

I have Mozilla 1.5 installed in /usr/lib/mozilla-1.5.  Last night, I ran
Navigator as root and went to a website that wanted
application/x-java-vm ( www.astrosite.com ).  I said ok to let Mozilla
download "java2 for Linux") from Netscape.com.  15 megs and about an
hour later, it said it succeeded and installation complete.  I went back
to the website and it started the same download dialog again.  I even
exited mozilla and started it again.  Same thing.  Today, after a
reboot, same thing.
Do I have to find it and put it somewhere else?  Could permissions be wrong?
Previously, when I tried to install it as a user, it downloaded the
whole thing and then failed saying it didn't have permission to do
something - I think it was to save whatever it downlaoded.

Joe

--
"The truth of a theory is in your mind, not in your eyes." -Albert Einstein