audio cd

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 21:28:18 EDT 2003

It ended up being the cable. It had a 4 pin with a
keyed clip and the only place it would clip in was on
the mother board. There was also 2 different 4 pin
sets on the sound card but no markings as to which way
to put the clip. That was the problem, the audio goes
directly out of the cd thru the sound card. It figures
that out of 2 places on the mother board and 3 places
on the sound card to plug in the audio cable, the only
one which actually matched the clip wasn't the right
place. Ahhhh, Murphy's Law at it's finest. I suppose I
could have avoided that problem by buying a pre-built
computer, but there is no fun in that.
I appreciate all the comments, they gave me the clues
I needed to find and fix the problem.
Hopefully in a couple of days I will be online with my
Linux box.
JB