Greg Neumann dadneumann at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 2 09:37:25 EDT 2003

Riga, Anthony wrote:

>Thanksfor answering my question now I understand....

Not to mention the fact that every distro I've used has the RPC port
blocked by default.  To make matters worse for Win$#@, you cannot block
the port, even after the patch.  The quick workaround was to have an
external firewall that was able to block the port between the win
machine/s and the internet.  After you apply the patch, the port is
STILL not blocked, and you still can't block it yourself, even if you
disable as much of RPC as you can.  This is for XP Pro, mind you, the
"most secure Windows ever"!  How stupid is that?

Disgruntled M$ user at work.
-Greg