Java Virus ?

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Fri Nov 21 16:47:18 EST 2003

This is not specifically a Linux question, but I thought I would tap the
collective knowledge of the group.
The last time I ran my AV software this showed up in the detection log.

Testing C:\ volume C DRIVE serial 2C2C-1805
C:\WINDOWS\.jpi_cache\FILE\1.0\VERIFI~1.CLA repaired
C:\WINDOWS\.jpi_cache\FILE\1.0\VERIFI~2.CLA repaired

My question is this. Can virii use/be spread by java, or was this just
legitimate code that was mistakenly idetified as malicious ?
Or was that just where a particular virus chose to hide ?
TIA

--
hardware: n, the part of a computer that can be kicked.

software: n, the part of a computer that causes hardware to be kicked.

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE