Unable to kill smb process

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 14:48:10 EST 2003

--- Justin Bennett <justin.bennett at dynabrade.com> wrote:
> I have a SMB process that I can't kill, It was running against a NFS
> filesystem, and lost the nfs connection. It has a lock on a file so the
> users can't open the file again, I can't kill it with a kill -9. Any
> ideas? I may just have to reboot the box at lunch.

Depends how you mounted the NFS FS.  You might want to alter your mount options
for the NFS to include "intr" (for interruptable I/O) or "soft" (soft mount)
to prevent this in the future.  beware if you have mail spool folders on this
NFS  you may not be able to use those mount options safely...

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk