Printing Font Samples

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 12:52:24 EST 2003

I found this in HOWTO but wether it helps or not I'm not sure.
jb

Using Ghostscript To Preview Fonts
Once you've made fonts available to ghostscript, you can preview them.
Do this by running the ghostscript interpreter on the file prfont.ps in
your ghostscript installation, and after you start it, type: /Fontname
DoFont at the ghostscript font ( where FontName is the ghostscript name
of the font you wish to preview ). There are several other ways you can
invoke gs. For example, if you want to create a PostScript file that you
can look at in a nicer PostScript viewer such as gv, you can use gs
-sDEVICE=pswrite -sOutputFile=somefile.ps prfont.ps Having done this,
you can also print your output file.