check it out guys

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 19:14:01 EDT 2003

--- Asheville Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> This is silly, but it costs people a lot of money!  It reminds me almost
> exactly of when Apple tried to sue Microsoft for stealing it's Windows
> design and in the middle of the whole thing, Xerox chimed in and said
> they both swiped it from PARC.  I bet almost no one remembers that by
> now - as it should be.

I remember that whole mess.  I actually saw a version of the Xerox 'Globalview'
program in action.  The icons were identical to Apple's original desktop
layout.  I always wondered if M$ would have been slowed down if they had lost
the lawsuit.  Probably not, woulda just bought Apple out.

Cheers!

Bob