sound

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 11:44:14 EDT 2003

Otay! I found the problem. What a doozy.
the problem was that somehow the sym link /dev/dsp
disappeared. at 1st I was recreating dsp w/ mknod
and it worked until I rebooted and then it would
make that a directory and the cycle continued.
I found that newer kernel apparently use a sym link
for apps looking for dsp -> /dev/sound/dsp
( ln -s /dev/sound/dsp /dev/dsp )
once that was created things are again blissful
in linuxland. Hope this helps someone else.

=====
Free Good
Fire Bad