Anyone ever seen this before...

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed May 14 08:06:50 EDT 2003

try running lsof /path/to/directory, this will give you a list of open
files in the directory. another possibility may be that the directory is
a NFS share, or mount point or an automount.

it could be an inode problem. try moving the directory to another name,
make another directory of the origional name, delete the origional, then
the new dir.

i've seen this before on solaris systems and one of the above has
usually fixed it for me.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator