Default Printer

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 30 18:39:07 EST 2003

Already did that before I asked the question.  I get:

The following printer

  -  HP DeskJet 895C

is directly connected to your system (Make sure that all your printers are
connected and turned on).

Do you want to enable printing on the printers mentioned above?

NOTE: Depending on the printer model and the printing system up to 80 MB of
additional software will be installed.

I click on Yes, but nothing seems to happen (no disk lights etc.).
Then, I go into an ap like gedit, open a file and select print.   The Print
function shows only a generic printer and when I print to that, it seems to
work, but nothing happens at the printer.

Joe