switch to a real american product

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Thu Mar 27 13:04:03 EST 2003

If you have Perl installed (which on most Unix variants, do), you can
install it via Perl's CPAN.

--
perl -MCPAN -e shell                    [as root]
  (- or -)

The latest release is 2.52, at www.spamassassin.org.  I'd read the
documentation good to get familiar with it.  I run it at work (an ISP w/
about 12,000+ customers), and it's configurable enough to run as a
daemon, or on per instance basis.  If you build an interface, your users
can create whitelists & blacklists and set other variables on a per-user
basis.  It's quite customizeable.
I installed it on 3 other systems since, and I haven't found anything
yet that can compare in my opinion.  Of course, it will also require
procmail as the local mail delivery agent.  Again, it's configurable,
but you'll definitely want to read up on it to see if it'll fit your
needs.

  - Tony