xawtv

Joe Pollock josephj at buffnet.net
Mon Mar 24 10:20:17 EST 2003

Thanks to Bob Meyer, I now have Mandrake 9.1 rc 2 on my machine!  I'm
working on getting xawtv to work with my Hauppauge WINTV USB.  The program
runs, but has no channels to select and displays a black screen.  When I run
the companion program - scantv - which sets up the channel list for xawtv,
it starts up, asks a few initial questions and then fails with the following
message:

vbi: open failed [/dev/v41/vbi0]
/dev/v41/vbi0 no such file or directory

I checked, it doesn't exist.  /dev/v41/ is there.

I did a quick Google search and found some stuff on /dev/vbi, but nothing
with a v41 in it.

Any ideas on how to fix this or what driver it needs?

Thanks,

Joe