Inquiry from the New Guy

David Purucker purucker at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:12:48 EST 2003

>I'm looking for some pointers regarding a Linux workstation rollout
>project I am working on. Here's the scoop:

You might want to check out the Linux Terminal Server Project at:

http://www.ltsp.org

and specifically: http://ltsp.sourceforge.net/contrib/local_ica.html

The site offers some really nice tips and tricks for what you want to do.

If your hardware supports PXE you can use this, and be operational in
in no time, with very little work:  http://pxes.sourceforge.net/

With PXE you can go totally disk-less which means no cloning hassle, and
reduced noise.

Hey, then you could Ebay the drives and buy yourself something nice for
the office.  :-)

Hope that helps,

Dave P.