Switching to Redhat

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Tue Mar 18 06:44:59 EST 2003

I use RH at work, not by choice, as I prefer Slackware, and cannot wait
for Slackware 9 to get out of beta.  Then I can replace the one system
I'm using at home that has RH 8 on it.  I feel RH is bloatware, and is
quickly gaining the feel of M$ in it's business deals as well.  I wanted
to install Linux on a 500MB HD, I just barely made it with RH, using up
430MB for a base install.  I wiped it, and installed Slackware 8.1...
barely 110MB.  Not to mention the fact I can, if I feel like it, still
install Slackware onto my old Compaq Prosignia server via floppy,
something RH gave up long ago.

I don't think my comments had much to do with yours though ;)  Except
that I don't support the war, or the president.  I didn't vote for him,
and I don't believe in him.  But that's my sole opinion.  If I liked
Mandrake or SuSe, I wouldn't ditch them, well, except Mandrake.  Again,
just my half a penny worth, if that.

   - Tony