Sendmail vulnerability found

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Mar 12 09:02:17 EST 2003

It affects anyone that runs sendmail as their mail server (MTA).  The
alert was made about a week or two ago I think, but you can grab the
latest sendmail at their site:

http://www.sendmail.org/

Some linux distro's such as RedHat, send out notices of security issues if
their customers are part of Errata mailing lists and such. RedHat's "Red
Hat Network" which utilizes their "up2date" program, will allow users to
automatically download fixes, patches, and new software due to bugs and
security issues.

   - Tony

--
You say you are lying.  But if everything you say is a lie, then you are
telling the truth.  You cannot tell the truth because everything you say